Department of Housing Neighborhood Revitalization:
- Aims to strengthen families and neighborhoods by creating and preserving safe, affordable housing and mitigating community member displacement.
- Cultivates a diverse and economically inclusive City.
- Mitigates community member displacement.
Home Improvement Preservation Program (HIPP):
- Offers two programs: Major Home Rehabilitation and Home Reconstruction.
- Major Home Rehabilitation Program provides zero-interest forgivable loans up to $73,170 for rehabilitation work scope.
- Home Reconstruction Program provides a new home on the homeowner’s current property with a loan.
- Major Home Rehabilitation Program is limited to the amount required to address the rehabilitation work scope as defined by the city.
- Home Reconstruction Program is by referral only by city staff.
- Aims to preserve safe, affordable housing.
- Homeowners must have clear title to the property and have owned the home for at least six months before applying.
- The property must be the homeowner’s primary residence.
- Homeowners must not be delinquent in the payment of property taxes or must have an active, non-delinquent payment plan with the county tax office.
- The home must be located within the city limits of Dallas, Texas.
- Homeowners must demonstrate they can obtain standard property insurance satisfactory to the City and maintain it for the term of the loan.
- Priority for all programs will be given to homeowners who have never participated in a City home repair program.
- Homes that have been reconstructed by the City will not be eligible for further assistance.
- Application availability and acceptance for 2022-2023 is closed.
- The next application process will be available on August 1, 2023.
- Complete program information is available for download in English or Spanish.
- Eligibility requirements are available for download in English or Spanish.